I am a Sweetheart to One and a Mommy to Four Loveable Babes, one of which is smiling down on us from Heaven. I am learning to dance in the rain. Come with me on my journey as I make the most out of Life's mud puddles.

Put on your rain boots. Great adventure lies ahead.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Resurrection Family Home Evening

Sometimes you think you are failing as a parent and sometimes you feel like you may be making a difference after all. Tonight I felt both.

This evening, our 8 year old was in charge of the lesson for Family Home Evening. She sat everyone down and - after a song and opening prayer - began to launch into her lesson. Here is what she said word for word (thanks to the personally handwritten notes she was reading).

Our lesson is about Easter. What is Easter about? show picture of Jesus. have family guess. Anwer, the reserection.

(then she showed a video like this)

Today I am going to talk a little about how Bennett will be like after the reserection. I'd like you to tell me what you think Gracelyn? Answer: very well and clean. I'd like to bear my testimony that we will be reserected and see Bennett again.

And then we ended with Ashton doing a flying body slam on his 6 year old sister. Classic.

Despite the immediate mayhem that followed (I am convinced Ashton responds to the feelings of the spirit by wrestling), I was so touched by Emma's lesson tonight. She wrote it herself in celebration of Easter and was able to make the correlation between Our Savior's resurrection and her baby brother's eventual restoration. As Christ lived, died then rose again, so will Bennett. And our eight year old not only believes it, she KNOWS it. With all her little girl heart.

And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

(Mathew 18:2-3)


Truer words were never spoken. How blessed I am to be a Mother.

7 comments:

  1. Very humbling! Emma has such a sweet spirit! She has grown so much in stature and beauty! I love her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly beautiful. I love a child's testimony. It's so pure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. We enjoyed watching the youtube and my 6 and 3-year-olds said Emma is very cute! They loved that picture of her. We had FHE on the true Easter last night, too, and talked a little about your family and Bennett. Thanks for continuing to inspire!
    Love Jenny B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in Park City last weekend with you and I want to tell you how much I appreciate you sharing your story. I was so touched and look to you as an example of how we should deal with tragedy. So, thank you very much. - Jani Beenfield

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet lesson -- my daughter's bedtime prayer on Easter was something like:

    "Thank thee that Jesus died. Thank thee that He was brave to be crucified. That would have been really hard and scary. It must have hurt. But He is resurrected now. So my GrandM can be resurrected to. I miss her but I will see her someday."

    I'm so grateful for the testimonies of our children.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of my journey. I appreciate your supportive and healing comments. Here's to a Promise of Sunshine!