I am a Sweetheart to One and a Mommy to Four Loveable Babes, one of which is smiling down on us from Heaven. I am learning to dance in the rain. Come with me on my journey as I make the most out of Life's mud puddles.

Put on your rain boots. Great adventure lies ahead.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

How God Works











It was June 2010. We had scrimped and pinched and had finally invested in a quality camera. The problem? It wasn't working. Every image was coming out blurry.

And so I called a friend.

Many of you know of this woman as the face and talent of the enormously popular The Idea Room. She is indeed as gifted as you think. But she is also very generous of heart and spirit.

I called her, explained my camera malfunctions and she kindly invited me to come over so we could figure out what was wrong.

After getting the girls off to school the following morning, I scooped up my boys in my arms - still sporting their "bed heads" - and headed over to Amy's house.

After fiddling with my camera for a few minutes, we found that the issue was a simple button that I had to switch on my lens. An easy fix. Lucky me.

And then she started clicking.

I can't remember what the purpose was. Maybe we were confirming the "fix" or maybe she felt guided to shoot. Who knows. But what I DO know is that - unexpectedly that morning - our visit turned into a mini photo shoot of Bennett and Mommy.

This is especially unique because I - like many mommies - take all the pictures in our family. I'm AT all the events but you'd never know it looking at the pictures! I'm always behind the camera.

So now, over a year later, I have all these precious pictures to gaze at thanks to a generous friend and a Tender Father in Heaven. A God who KNEW what was coming and KNEW what this Mother Heart would need in the days, months and years ahead.

What a Tender Mercy.

Just how God works.

7 comments:

  1. You are so right!! He is full of tender mercies. I am so glad that He gave you this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and tender! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with that one of you two nose to nose - he with his open mouthed kiss!

    What a beautiful gift to have those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and darling pictures they are. how special. no accident indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing and a gift to have those priceless pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am speechless...I had forgotten we took so many. So happy beyond words. Thank you so much for the kind words. Love you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are beautiful! I am in tears- I'm the one that is ALWAYS behind the camera. Great reminder that I need to be in front sometimes too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of my journey. I appreciate your supportive and healing comments. Here's to a Promise of Sunshine!