I am a Sweetheart to One and a Mommy to Four Loveable Babes, one of which is smiling down on us from Heaven. I am learning to dance in the rain. Come with me on my journey as I make the most out of Life's mud puddles.

Put on your rain boots. Great adventure lies ahead.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hello Again

Remember Me? Remember how I used to blog? Yeah. Well, I'm back.

We closed on our home on Monday and we've been settling into our rental this week. We'll be here for 6-8 months while we build our next (and hopefully FINAL) home and then we'll move. Again.

This has been a BIG change for our little family. We're living in 1/4 of the space we were living in, my girls are registered at a new elementary school, Emma was cleared to skip a grade (hallelujah!) next year and we have started to attend a new congregation who mostly know nothing of our current situation. It is strange and sad to think that they'll know nothing of our Sunshine Boy. That our stories of him will be just stories, that a face will not come to mind when I mention his name and that - to many - he will be just "that new family's boy who died."

They have no idea what they are missing.

But we feel good about this change and we feel that the Lord is guiding and helping us every step of the way. And - for now - we are enjoying the "simple life." No yard work, less space to clean, no home remodeling projects and - above all - no showings. It's a good life, I tell ya. A good life.

Tomorrow, I will pay tribute to our little home on Sunset View Drive. It is the only home we ever shared with Bennett. We lived there for 38 months and he was with us - either in my tummy or in our arms - for the majority of it. Those walls hold so many beautiful memories. It will always hold a special place in our hearts.

So, hello again. Thank you for sharing our journey. It is tender, it is tough, it is sweet and it is gripping. But it is ours. And we are deciding what to make of it.

One step at at time.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It was hard for me when we left the home we lived in with our little angel boy too. I somewhat dreaded answering the questions new acquaintances would ask, such as "How many children do you have?", which was usually followed by the tougher question of "How old are they?" I knew not everyone was ready for the absolute truth, and I wasn't sure I was emotionally ready to break down in front of everyone! So, I'm sure you are going through a lot of new changes and challenges, and I wish you well in your new place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back! Congrats on the sale of your home! I can only imagine the many emotions you are encountering, but I am so happy to know that you all feel right in the decisions you have made. Good luck with the transitions. Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you "back!" You are such an optimist--appreciating the no-yard and less-cleaning aspects of your temporary living quarters! Good for you. Hope the transitions continue smoothly. Sending our prayers,
    Jenny B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of my journey. I appreciate your supportive and healing comments. Here's to a Promise of Sunshine!