- I have two dear friends that are making "Bennett Blankies" for our family. I took over a bag of his favorite clothes to each of them and they are crafting works of art that will be Gifts of Healing for our family. I can't even begin to tell you how much this means to me. We will treasure these quilts always.
- After fighting for our oldest to skip a grade for three years, we finally got the "go ahead" from the school district and she will be put into the appropriate grade for her development next year (we had opted to send her later as a kindergartner . . . she actually fits in the age group of her new grade). I can't even tell you how relieved I am and what a gift this is. Finally, she will be with kids that match her physical, emotion and social maturity. Hallelujah!
- We have had so many volunteer to help us with the mammoth task of moving. And - for that - we are SO GRATEFUL! With every box I pack and every load I transport, I remind myself that this is the LAST TIME we are moving! NO MORE! I am DONE! Yet it is comforting to see how things have all worked together for our good and how the Lord is oh-so aware of our family.
- We have made all the selections for our home in a charming new neighborhood (think Modern Farmhouse). Lots of sleek, clean finishes with a very modern twist. Very different from our previous European-feel designs. It will be a fresh new chapter for our little family. What a blessing. It. Will. Be. Fabulous. Slated date for move in: January 2012.
- We received a surprise package in the mail last week. Upon opening it, we were surprised to find a Sunshine Themed package packed beautifully and lovingly for our little family. I didn't recognise the California return address and the kind note was left unsigned. And so, I send a BIG Thank You from our family to yours, whoever you are. I assume that this amazing individual heard our story through this blog and so to you, kind friend, we say Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. May the Lord bless you with the same Light and Joy you so generously showered upon our family. We love you dearly.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Lately, I've been operating on overload. So much is going on in our family right now. We move in one week, we close on our home in two weeks, Gracie broke her wrist on the trampoline, we are registering our children at a new school, our oldest is skipping a grade, we are putting the majority of our belongings in storage, we are starting the building process on a new home and we will be attending a new congregation (called "ward" in our faith). Crazy, crazy, crazy. But so many good things as well. A few I will mention:
So there's the down low on the happenings 'round these parts. I ask for your patience as we wrap up matters at our home and prepare for this new chapter. I will post a few times this week but know that - when I am not online - I am doing all in my power to make this a smooth transition for our tender little bunch. They are so, so precious to me.
Hold your children close, soak in the sunshine and have an extra slice of watermelon "just because."
Happy Summer, friends!