I am a Sweetheart to One and a Mommy to Four Loveable Babes, one of which is smiling down on us from Heaven. I am learning to dance in the rain. Come with me on my journey as I make the most out of Life's mud puddles.

Put on your rain boots. Great adventure lies ahead.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This is dedicated to the One I love . . .



Today is my Honey's birthday. The world became a better place the day David came into the world. I must say that I do not know a more kind, gentle, patient and charitable individual than My Man. He is indeed a remarkable human being.

This year will mark our 10th year of marriage and yet, what I feel for him now after the events of the last ten years (and especially the last 8 weeks) makes what I felt 10 years ago seem like puppy love. We are a team. We're in this together. Through thick and through thin. What a blessing that reassurance is.

Ten years ago, I thought I had done my homework. I thought I was so smart for finding such an incredible man to marry that would be such an amazing Daddy to our future children. But life experience has taught me that I am just lucky. I know many that have done the same research and "testing" that I did that have not had the positive results that I have experienced. That does not make me more wise, worthy, loved or blessed. I guess the Lord just knew what heartache and tests lie ahead for me and knew that - in order to get through it - I needed a tender, kind and loving man by my side. How grateful I am that He paired me with David.

I love you, sweetheart. Thanks for making me a better woman by the way you believe, support and cherish me. With you by my side and paired with the Lord, we can do ALL things.

xoxoxo,
Me

4 comments:

  1. How very sweet. And how wonderful to still see the silver lining in your world amongst a time of deep grief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just the best picture of David and the kids! You guys are just the best! Happy Birthday to your honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Amanda... I feel the same way about my hubby. I don't know why Heavenly Father blessed us to be partners with such amazing men, but aren't we ever so grateful He did? In spite of the trials and tragedies, life is better with our sweethearts by our side. We are both truly blessed. Truly! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said the same thing about my husband yesterday! We're just plain lucky. We weren't mature enough at that time to understand the gravity of marriage - God was watching out for us.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of my journey. I appreciate your supportive and healing comments. Here's to a Promise of Sunshine!