I am a Sweetheart to One and a Mommy to Four Loveable Babes, one of which is smiling down on us from Heaven. I am learning to dance in the rain. Come with me on my journey as I make the most out of Life's mud puddles.

Put on your rain boots. Great adventure lies ahead.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Just Singin' in the Rain


















Sunday was a beautiful day. The weather was hot and muggy. But then - in the middle of the day - a sudden rainstorm. The raindrops and puddles seemed to call out to my kids to come and splash.

And so they did.

Out they went - donning their Sunday clothes - running through the streets and puddles while the rain fell on their faces. They danced, they sang and they held hands, spinning around in circles. It. Was. Magical.

On days such as these, I am reminded of all the Joy there still is to experience in Life. Yes, we have experienced loss and Yes, the longing for our sweet Bennett will never go away. But I have three precious children here with me. Three children to laugh with, play with, cuddle, caress and sing lullabies to. What a Gift that is.

And somehow, on days such as this, it is almost like I can see a little toe head boy giggling and galloping behind his siblings.

I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised.

4 comments:

  1. Mandy I thank you for such posts. I hope you and your family are doing well. Hope to see you and Dave again soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet little moments! "Singing in the Rain" has long been one of my most favorite movies, so I am an advocate for enjoying the sprinkles! Thanks for reminding us what happiness is really about!
    Love Jenny B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post put the biggest smile on my face :) I'm so glad you guys enjoyed that rain!! you really are choosing to stomp through life's puddles :) love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous children and magical giggles pouring through my web browser. :) How joyful! A moment to remember and cherish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of my journey. I appreciate your supportive and healing comments. Here's to a Promise of Sunshine!